The Government New Law College, Indore (M.P) has been integral part of Holkar Science College which was established 125 years ago in the year 1891.
It was in the year 1923, the legal education started in the Holkar College. In the year 1961, Arts, Commerce and Law branch were separated from the Holkar College and a new college was established as Government Arts Commerce and Law college, Indore.
The foundation stone of the college building was kept by the world famous prime minister late Shree Jawaharlal Nehru on November 3, 1958 and further which was inaugurated by world famous philosopher and president late Dr. Radhakrishnan on December 27, 1960.
The college started its new session in the year 1961. As per the directives of the Bar Council of India, Govt. of Madhya Pradesh established separate law college on 17.07.2003, Since then this new law college came into existence. The college has its own enriched library too.
This Institution has contributed immensely in the field of law and has groomed its students such that they don’t only achieve heights in studies, but also prove them as successful lawyers, teachers and law service providers. The students of this college have been honored as the state minister, high court judges and supreme court judges too. For overall growth of the students, the college provides them with the special facilities of legal aid camp, counselling, moot court and drafting and also organizing various competitions like legal quiz and debate. To develop interest in academic activities law Council is also constituted. Law college organizes lectures of national level thinkers and jurists. Guest lectures are also being organized on time to time by inviting judges of the high court, senior advocates and professors. Overall academically sound, this historical law college is now developing in a new dimension.